Delicious Pecan Apple Cider Cake Donuts
- Pecan Vicky Cakes Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Apple cider
- Caramel syrup
- Powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsps water
- Vanilla extract or imitation vanilla
- Hazelnut syrup
- Non-stick donut pan
- Large and small mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the donut batter
- Mix the ingredients together. Mix 1 to 1-1/2 cups of Vicky Cakes Pecan Pancake & Waffle Mix, 1 egg, 3/4 cup of apple cider, 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla, a few dashes of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of hazelnut syrup, and a splash of water into a large box. Mix it together until it creates a thick consistency. Tip: if the batter is too thick, add a little water; if the batter is too thin, add more pancake mix.
- Spray the donut pan with olive oil spray or nonstick spray. Fill each donut halfway. Tip: don’t overfill the pan or they will turn into muffins.
- Add some caramel syrup to each donut and use a toothpick or fork to mix it in the batter.
- Bake the donuts on the top rack for 12-14 minutes. Be sure to watch them closely to avoid burning or overcooking. Use a toothpick or fork to ensure they are done. Note: a clean toothpick or fork means it’s ready!
- Let the donuts cool on a cooling rack.
Prepare the Icing
- Add about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, a dash of apple cider, 1 teaspoon (or a squeeze) of caramel syrup in a small bowl, then mix it together.
- Dip one side of the donut into the icing and move around until the top is evenly coated. Set them aside to dry.
- Drizzle caramel syrup over the donuts and lightly dust with powdered sugar using a sifter.
Enjoy your donuts!